The Form I-9 released 07/17/2017 must be used for all new hires and reverifications on or after September 18, 2017.
Corporate compliance with both the letter and spirit of the law is essential to maintaining a competitive advantage in the global marketplace, and full compliance requires strict adherence to all laws, including those relating to immigration. It is essential for corporate human resources and legal departments to obtain guidance to develop and implement an immigration policy that ensures compliance. Such guidance focuses on training key personnel and management, maintaining oversight, implementing monitoring systems, conducting due diligence, and providing regular updates on changes to immigration law. A formal policy regarding the hiring and retention of foreign national’s benefits employers by minimizing penalties and legal violations, maintaining a good public image, attracting the best and brightest workers, and facilitating the proper movement of international personnel. A successful corporate compliance program must address I-9 Forms, Social Security No-Match Letters, and E-Verify.
Employer-Sponsored Visa Compliance:
- USCIS FInal Rule: Guidance For Employers
- F-1 STEM OPT Extension FAQs For Students And Their Employers
- April 1 Is the Deadline To File Petitions For New H-1B Visas
- L-1 Petitioners, Get Ready For USCIS Site Visits!
- DOS Announces J-1 Site Visits
Form I-9 Compliance
- USCIS Fact Sheet: with instructions on how to complete the Form I-9 For EADs Automatically Extended under the Final Rule effective January 17, 2017
- Are You Ready For An ICE Or DOJ Audit? Answer These Five Questions
- School System In Hot Water Over Shredding I-9s
- Which USCIS Helpful I-9 Instruction Tool Is Right For You?
- Accepting Receipts for the Form I-9
- Help You Don’t Want From Your Electronic I-9 System
- Implications Of Failure To Complete As Well As Backdating Addressed In OCAHO Ruling
- I-9 Reverification Mistake Costs Hilton Over $13,000
- My New Employee Presented Me with an EAD and an Unrestricted Social Security Card
Form I-9 Compliance + Remote Employees
- Remote Employees + Form I-9: Alternatives to Notary for Authorized Representative
- Remote Employees + Form I-9: Managing the Physical Presence Requirement for Form I-9 completion
- Remote Employees: Compliance Tips For Completing the Form I-9
- Form I-9 Compliance Does Not Allow for “Creative Solutions” to Document Review Requirements